It’s easy. To use any BlenderBottle shaker cup to make the smoothest shake imaginable, simply:
- Drop the BlenderBall wire whisk into the bottle, along with your ingredients.
- Screw on the lid and snap the flip cap shut.
- Shake well.
- Add liquid ingredients first, then add powders and thicker ingredients.
- Before shaking, screw lid firmly onto base and press flip cap down until you hear an audible snap. That’s the sign that the cap is securely closed.
- For best mixing action, hold the upper half of the bottle firmly and shake by rotating your wrist.
- The surgical-grade stainless steel BlenderBall whisk is designed to remain in the cup while you drink, even if you’re drinking plain water. It will never rust, chip, or peel.
- Wash bottle before initial use, and immediately after every use. Trust us on this—there’s not much worse than a week-old protein shake.
- If you have a white Radian lid that is looking off-color, try scrubbing it with a wet wipe to clean it up.
- Most components of your BlenderBottle shaker are top-rack dishwasher safe (the insulated BlenderBottle Radian will need to be hand-washed). The BlenderBall wire whisk should be placed in the silverware bin.
- Alternately, bottles may be washed by hand in warm soapy water. (Please note warning below regarding hot liquids.)
Removing Odors from BlenderBottle Shaker Cups:
Stinky bottle? Most BPA-free plastics are prone to retaining odors if not cleaned promptly after use (again, nix the week-old protein shake). Try these tips for removing odors from your BlenderBottle shaker:
- Fill a bottle with a mixture of baking soda and vinegar and allow it to sit overnight, with flip cap open.
- Sprinkle a piece of newspaper with water, or place several drops of vanilla extract on a few paper towels. Crumple newspaper or paper towels and place inside the bottle. The screw-on lid and let the bottle sit for 24 hours, with a flip cap closed.
- Place damp coffee grounds inside the bottle. The screw-on lid and allow the bottle to sit overnight, with a flip cap closed.
- After cleaning the bottle out, leaving the lid off, and letting it air out can do wonders.