We will take a closer look at the Breville BJE430SIL The Juice Fountain Cold Review, an 850 Watts centrifugal juicer.
Launched in 2015, it soon found its way to the top of the sales charts.
It belongs to the long line of household appliances manufactured by Breville. An Australian company founded way back in 1937.
Features Breville BJE430SIL The Juice Fountain Cold
Breville BJE430SIL, the Juice Fountain Cold, comes from a good family. It promises great performance and features an innovative Cold Spin Technology.
All this sounds great, but let’s determine if this appliance can live up to the expectations.
To Whom it is Indeed?
Breville BJE430SIL is intended for home use, and basically, anyone who wants a homemade juice in a matter of minutes, who is cautious about what they eat and drink and want best for them and their family.
This juicer is easy to use, quick and safe. No prior knowledge is necessary. You need to invest some of your time to prepare the fruits and vegetables.
But it will probably be shorter than a run to the store to buy some juice.
What’s Included in Package?
In the package, you will find the juicer with all the parts necessary, 70 fl. Oz juice jug with a lid, an instruction manual with recipes, food ingredients tables, and preparation instructions.
Breville BJE430SIL Review: Overview of features
This is not a small appliance, but it is no larger than the rest of this type’s juicers.
The dimensions are 14.5 x 10.5 x 17.6 inches, and the weight is 11 pounds.
The design is nice. Stainless steel is the main theme of the juicer body, while the pulp bin and juice jug are made of plastic.
The juicer has 2 Speed settings.
The high speed for denser fruits and harder vegetables at 13000rpm, and low speed for leafy vegetables and soft fruit at 6500 pm.
The steel mesh microfilter is made in Italy from special materials, and that is the key feature that Cold Spin Technology is based on.
You will like:
- Cold Spin Technology. This is a patented technology which, through special design and materials of the cutting disc, transfers the only 1,8F of heat to the food that is being cut. This protects enzymes and nutrients that are heat sensitive, and the result will be juice with all the good stuff preserved. It will also prolong juice’s shelf life in the fridge.
- Easy to use and clean. The feed chute is 3 inches wide, so you will be able to juice whole apples and mid-sized oranges. It will definitely shorten the prep time. The Seal and Store Juice Jug will keep the juice fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days. It is easy to clean after use because the juicer cover, stainless steel filter bowl, purée disc, and juice jug are all dishwasher safe. The pulp bin, however, is not. Please, keep in mind that the food leftovers are much easier to wash away while they are fresh, so it is recommended that you rinse the parts immediately after juicing and use the included brush on the mesh filter.
- Custom Designed Juice Nozzle. The nozzle is very well designed. It enables great precision and helps avoid spilling. After you are done juicing, you will turn it upwards, and there will be no dripping from the leftover juice in the nozzle. It may not seem like a big deal, but a more experienced juicer owner will understand what we are talking about.
- Build quality. The overall impression is that it’s a high-quality product. All the parts fit perfectly. The pulp bin is what the users mention the most. It fits “like a glove” and prevents pieces of food from flying around the kitchen.
- Not noisy. It is slightly quieter than the competition. You won’t wake up anyone if you are juicing early in the morning. (Unless you have the juicer right next to their head)
You may not like
- Limited performance for leafy greens. Like any high-speed centrifugal juicer, this one also will not squeeze much juice from them. For that purpose, you may consider masticating slow speed juicer. Keep in mind, they are much slower and require the food to be cut down into small pieces.
- Too many parts. Users sometimes complain about the complexity of modern juicers and a large number of parts. This juicer is not spared from such complaints. But that is just the way the modern juicers are made. There is no way to avoid that.
- Slightly less juice. Some users claim that this juicer will produce less juice per same weight of fruit than the older models. There may be some truth to that, but it is the price to pay for the Cold Spin Technology. To produce less heat, the shredding disc must be gentler to the fruits and vegetables.
You have to give credit to the Breville BJE430SIL. It managed to stay amongst bestsellers facing some severe competition.
Here are a few of them:
Breville BJE430SIL vs. Mueller Juicer Ultra 1100W
This juicer has more power than Breville BJE430SIL, 1100Watts, compared to 850 Watts.
It has the same 3 inches wide feed chute and two-speed settings.
With Mueller, they are 15 000 to 18000, compared to 6 500 and 13 000. Higher speeds mean higher temperatures, which can destroy some nutrients.
The main advantage of the Mueller Juicer is the lower price.
Breville BJE430SIL vs. Kenwood JE850 Excel Juicer
It is similar powered, 850 Watts compared to 800, and the price is about the same.
The Kenwood Juicer’smain feature is Apex technology. It offers cleaner juicing with advanced pulp extraction.
Patented anti-drip technology ensures the juice is collected in a 1.5l Container with a foam separator. The feed chute is also 3 inches wide.
With the features so alike and the price almost the same, it is a matter of preference.
Breville BJE430SIL vs. Nutri-Stahl Juicer Machine – 700W
This juicer has a slightly lower price and power. It has high-efficiency steel microblade but a smaller feeding chute, around 2,7 inches. The speed settings are the same, two in both cases.
However, it lacks the stainless steel finish Breville BJE430SIL has, so the overall impression matches the price.
Read Next – Breville Juice Fountain Cold vs. Cold Plus
Breville Juice Fountain Cold blogger review
Read Next – Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain plus Extractor
Breville BJE430SIL The Juice Fountain Cold
17 used from $120.00
- The Breville Juice Fountain Cold is a high performance juicer with an innovative cold extraction system that can provide a super sized 70fl oz of juice goodness; The 850 watt motor processes even the toughest fruits and vegetables in just seconds
- Cold Extraction System: A Breville juicer with Cold Spin Technology and an Italian-made precision mesh filter, allows you to avoid damage to vitamins and minerals from heat and processing
- Short Prep Time: The juicers unique 3 inch extra wide chute feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting
- Extra Large Seal and Store: Juice and seal in a XL 70 fl oz jug for the whole family or store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
- LED Display: The juicer machines display illuminates if the motor has stopped due to overloading; This is a preventative feature to ensure safe use and ensure motor longevity
Breville BJE530BSS1BUS1 the Juice Fountain Cold Plus Countertop Centrifugal Juicer, 70 fl oz
5 used from $185.57
- The Breville Juice Fountain Cold Plus is a simple no nonsense juicer with an innovative and unique space saving design offering a super sized 70fl oz of juice goodness; This juicer features dual speeds, lightning quick operation and a whole fruit chute
- COLD EXTRACTION SYSTEM: A Breville juicer with Cold Spin Technology and an Italian-made precision mesh filter, you’ll avoid damage to vitamins and minerals from heat and processing
- SHORT PREP TIME: The juicers unique 3.5 inch extra wide chute feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting
- SPACE SAVING DESIGN: With the pulp bin located behind the product base, the Juice Fountain Cold Plus features a new and unique space saving design for a better use of your countertop space
- EXTRA LARGE SEAL AND STORE: Juice and seal in a XL 70 fl oz jug for the whole family or store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor
7 used from $88.73
- The Breville Juice Fountain Plus is the perfect way to get yourself into the world of juicing; This centrifugal juicer features a 3 inch extra wide fruit chute, dual speeds, lightning-quick operation and simple clean up
- UNIQUE EXTRACTION SYSTEM: The Breville juicers titanium reinforced disc and Italian-made micro mesh filter basket are made out of stainless steel and together are designed for optimum juice and nutrient extraction
- SHORT PREP TIME: The juicers unique 3 inch extra wide chute feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting
- BUILT-IN FROTH SEPARATOR: Certain fruits or vegetables create froth when juiced; The juice jug features an integrated froth separator to pour more juice, less froth into the glass
- CONVENIENT STORAGE: The power cord wraps around its feet under the base and the pulp container is detachable making the blender easy to store
Breville Juice Fountain Cold XL BJE830SIL Electric Juicer, Silver Pearl
- COLD SPIN TECHNOLOGY: Cold Spin Technology allows juice to flow up and through the stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by an Italian-made mesh filter to ensure an insignificant temperature increase.
- Shortend Prep Time ; The newly designed 3.5 inch extra large wide chute feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting
- NOISE REDUCTION TECHNOLOGY: Juicing on quiet setting reduces mechanical noise by 40%
- FAST SETTING: Extract up to 70 fl.oz. of delicious, nutrient rich juice up to 5x faster than a 'cold press'.
- XL JUICING CAPACITY: Juice and seal in a XL 70 fl. Ounce. jug for the whole family or store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor
7 used from $224.96
- The Breville Juice Fountain Elite lets you embrace the power of professionals; A 1000 watt motor spins up to 13,000 RPM's to give you up to 30% more juice than traditional juicers; Over 40,000 filtering pores ensure smooth and delicious results every time
- Unique Extraction System: The Breville juicers titanium reinforced disc and Italian-made micro mesh filter basket are made out of stainless steel and together are designed for optimum juice and nutrient extraction
- Short Prep Time: The Breville juicer machines unique 3 inch extra wide chute feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting
- Extra Large Containers: A juicer machine featuring a 35.2 fl oz juice jug with froth separator and 3.2 qt pulp container allow you to juice to your heart’s content
- Convenient Storage: The power cord wraps around its feet under the base and the pulp container is detachable making the blender easy to store
Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain 700-Watt Juice Extractor
7 used from $72.25
- The Breville Juice Fountain Compact may be small but it is packed with power; It features a 3 inch wide chute allowing you to juice whole fruits and vegetables and conveniently collects pulp within the footprint of the unit to conserve counter space
- Unique Extraction System: The compact centrifugal juicers titanium reinforced disc and Italian-made micro mesh filter basket are made out of stainless steel and together are designed for optimum juice and nutrient extraction
- Short Prep Time: The Breville juicer machines unique 3 inch extra wide chute feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting
- Built-in Froth Separator: Certain fruits or vegetables create froth when juiced; The juice jug features an integrated froth separator to pour more juice, less froth into the glass
- Compact Design & Convenient Storage: The Juice Fountains compact design makes it suitable to store in small spaces and the power cord wraps around under the base making storage neat and simple
Breville BJE830BSS1BUS1 Juice Founatin Cold XL, Brushed Stainless Steel Centrifugal Juicer
10 used from $232.00
- The Breville Juice Fountain Cold XL features a bigger 3.5 inch feed chute and can extract 70 fl oz of nutrient rich juice up to five times faster than a 'cold press' machine; Juicer equipped with Cold Spin Technology and Noise Reduction Technology
- COLD EXTRACTION SYSTEM: A Breville juicer with Cold Spin Technology and an Italian-made precision mesh filter, allows you to avoid damage to vitamins and minerals from heat and processing
- SHORT PREP TIME: The Breville Juice Fountain Cold XL's unique 3.5 inch extra wide chute feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting
- SPACE SAVING DESIGN: With the pulp bin located behind the product base, the Juice Fountain Cold XL features a new and unique space saving design for a better use of your countertop space
- NOISE REDUCTION TECHNOLOGY: Imagine great performances that’s easier on the ear; Juicing on quiet setting reduces mechanical noise by 40%
Breville the Juice Fountain SL Cold Plus 70oz Cold Spin Electric Juicer w/ 3.5” Extra Wide Chute - BJE530BSS1BUS1
Breville Pulp Container for the Juice Fountain Cold, BJE430SIL.
Breville BJS700SIL Big Squeeze Slow Juicer, Silver
2 used from $373.51
- Large 3-inch (81mm) Feed Chute.
- Ultra-Quiet 240 Watt Motor
- Powerful low speed extraction method with minimal heat transfer makes this machine ultra-quiet while operating.
- Smart Cap: Create various mixed juices, Stops dripping, Create various mixed juices
- Conveniently easy for self-rinse; Stainless Steel Mesh Filter
Breville 800CPXL Citrus Press Pro, Motorized Die Cast Stainless Steel
- Powerful citrus press housed in professional-grade brushed stainless steel
- Industrial strength, whisper-quiet motor; revolutionary active-arm system
- 1-size-fits-all juicing cone provides maximum juice extraction; drip-stop juice spout
- 1 coarse stainless steel filter; cord storage; dishwasher-safe parts
- Measures 11" x 9" x 18"; 1-year warranty
Breville BCP600SIL Citrus Press Motorized Juicer, Silver
1 used from $140.16
- The Breville Citrus Press is a motorized juicer that provides you fresh juice without the effort, from the smallest lime to the largest grapefruit; The simple one handed operation allows you to create a delicious juice with minimal effort
- ONE SIZE FITS ALL JUICING CONE: The finned juicing cone and fruit dome provides grip and pressure to provide maximum juice extraction; You can squeeze every last drop of juice from the smallest lime to the largest grapefruit from the same cone
- DUAL SWITCH SAFETY: The juicing handle ensures downward pressure is placed directly onto the fruit to maximize juice yield; The safety switch won't allow the cone to spin until the arm is lowered and sufﬁcient pressure is placed on the top of the cone
- DRIP STOP JUICE SPOUT: The citrus juicers convenient and innovative drip stop system holds juice back to avoid spillage onto your countertop
- MAGNETIC FRUIT DOME: The juicers magnetic dome is easy to remove and replace for cleaning
Breville Heavy-Grade Polymer Juice Fountain Plus with Pulp Container Bags
- Heavy-grade polymer construction with stainless steel cutting disk
- Includes a pulp container, juice jug with froth separator, cleaning tool, and pulp container bags
- 2 speeds
- 3 inch feed tube
- 850 watts
Breville Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt 1.1Qt Dual Speed Electric Juicer - JE98XL