This juicer comes from the Omega Company, which specializes in healthy food preparation appliances. It was founded back in 1985 in the United States, by an expert, and for the last 35 years, it has been a trusted name in the industry.
Omega VRT350 Low-Speed Vertical Masticating Juicer is the product that they have launched in 2010, so it had enough time to prove itself, and for the users to get to know it.
We are going to go over some of those features that have enabled it to last this long on the market, and see how they measure up to more modern competitors.
Omega VRT350 Review
Who is this product for?
This juicer is designed for home use. Its main purpose is extracting juice by cold pressing the produce, without the heat and high speed that will damage the sensitive nutrients.
The layout is vertical, so it will take up a smaller amount of space in the kitchen, compared to the horizontal masticating juicers. This is significant, because you will find a place for it more easily, and the masticating juicers are heavy, and not easy to carry to the kitchen every time you want to make juice.
Unfortunately, due to the layout, it has some drawbacks, compared to the horizontal juicers. The horizontal juicers can make even baby food, nut butter, and fruit sorbets, while the vertical cant. But if you are limited by the space in your kitchen, then this layout is the best choice.
In the box, besides the juicer, you will find a self-cleaning screen holder, bowl with attached extraction plug, two 32-ounce juicing cups, tamper, brush, and an instruction manual. That is everything you need to start juicing.
Overview of Omega VRT350 features
Omega VRT350Low-Speed Vertical Masticating Juicer Is a product that has built-in 35 years of experience of a specialized manufacturer, so it is expected to be high-quality materials and technology.
You will love
- Great performance. You can juice fruits, veggies, leafy greens, wheatgrass, and make nut milk. The 150 Watts motor is capable to squeeze the maximum amount of juice, and leave little pulp, which will be almost dry.
- The slow speed of just 80 rotations per minute prevents the oxidation and degradation of nutrients, so you can have the full benefit of freshly squeezed juice. It will last 48 to even 72 hours in the fridge depending on the type of fruits and vegetables used.
- It is very quiet when operating, so you will not wake up anyone.
- Easy to assemble and clean. Thanks to the Auto cleaning system, there is no need to disassemble the appliance, just add water and let it cleanse itself out between juicing runs. Of course, this will only work if you clean it immediately after use. If you allow the food remains to dry up and harden, the cleaning process will have to be a classic one- with a brush.
- Capable of juicing wheatgrass. Wheatgrass is one of the main reasons people buy slow speed juicers, and it is very difficult to juice. Fortunately, here we have a great wheatgrass juicer.
- Small footprint. The dimensions are 14.7 x 13.2 x 11.9 inches. Thanks to the vertical layout, the base of the appliance are small, and you will have less trouble finding a place in the kitchen for it.
- 10-year warranty. You will enjoy a long worry-free period, one of the best in the category.
You may not like
- The juice sometimes can be pulpy. Depending on the type of fruit and vegetables used, the juice may contain more pulp than usual.
- It is not cheap. Like all other masticating juicers, this one also is pricey. It fits in the standards of the category, but it can’t exactly be called cheap.
- Small feeding chute. But that is a problem with almost all masticating juicers. The fruits and vegetables need to be cut to smaller pieces, in order not to get jammed.
Omega VRT350 vs The competition
Unavoidable competition may be a nuisance for the manufacturers, but it is great for the consumers because we get the benefit of constantly improving products.
So we end up with a great number of juicers to choose from. Some of them are:
Omega VRT350 vs Tribest Slowstar SW-2000
Tribest Slowstar SW-2000 has more power, 200 Watts, compared to 150 Watts in Omega VRT350. It has double-edged auger and 3-stage reduction gears that enable to transfer more power to it. It works at a slower speed, 47 RPM compared to 80.
It has mincing add-ons, so you can make baby food. The warranty period is the same, 10 years, but the price is almost 30 % higher.
Omega VRT350 vs Breville BJE830BSS1BUS1 Juice Fountain Cold XL
The size and power are about the same, and the juicer comes from a well-known manufacturer.
The main advantage it has over Omega VRT350 is the much larger feeding chute, but the disadvantages are a much shorter warranty period, just two years, and 15 % higher price.
Omega VRT350 vs HUROM HP Slow Juicer
It is better looking, but that is completely subjective. It is quality made and similarly powered as Omega VRT350. It produces a little bit less noise.
The price is about the same, and so is the warranty period. It is also BPA free.