In this article, we will review Jack LaLanne juicers.
Not many juicers have first and last names. So they must be something special.
The man that placed his name on them is a man who introduced healthy food and fitness to people everywhere and is “guilty” for many modern exercises, procedures, and views about a healthy lifestyle in general.
We will avoid the “godfather of modern fitness,” not because he doesn’t deserve the name, but because it is often used.
Jack Lalanne was an American fitness.
Jack Lalanne was a Fitness exercise, and nutrition expert, and motivational speaker.
A person that millions trusted when searching for guidance to a healthier life, so the products he endorsed must also be trustworthy.
The juicers that carry his name are amongst bestselling since they first appeared.
Is it only because of the sticker with a famous name, or is there something more to it?
Bigger the name, the larger the burden.
We will look at the Best 5 Jack LaLanne’s juicers and try to see how they carry that burden.
Best Jack LaLanne Juicers
Jack LaLanne JLPJB Power Juicer
This was the first in a line of Jack Lalanne’s juicers.
It was introduced to the market back in 2004, and it had some innovative features for that time, but now they are almost standard.
Quiet induction motor, extra-large feeding chute, wide mesh and filter, and patented Juice Extraction Technology.
All of these improvements proved themselves, and it was this model that paved the way for the newer ones.
The centrifugal juicer has dimensions of 10.2 x 13.2 x 16.2 inches and is similar to the competitors. The design is somewhat outdated, but it’s not unpleasant to look at.
You will find the juicer with all the necessary parts in the box, a recipe book, a manual, and a cleaning brush.
- The original Jack LaLanne juicer. It was the one that made pawed the way for the next models, and it did it because it was reliable, simple, and had a high juice yield.
- It can squeeze the juice out of leafy greens. Of course, the results will not match the dedicated masticating juicers, but considering this one is centrifugal, the results are good. Just keep in mind, the fresher the leafy greens and celery, the better this machine works on them.
- Easy to use and clean. A large feed chute allows whole oranges or apples to be pushed through, so no time for cutting is needed. It is dishwasher safe, so clean up is easy also.
- The design. It is outdated, and it is no wonder it is on the market for 15 years.
- Speed. It has only one speed of operation.
Jack Lalanne’s JLSS Power Juicer Deluxe
One of the first Jack Lalanne juicers was introduced to the market in 2004.
This is a centrifugal juicer, and with a size of 16 x 14.5 x 10.2 inches and a weight of 13.75 pounds, it pretty much fits in the standards of the category.
The good looking appliance has a stainless steel finish and compact and robust design to be a nice addition to your kitchen.
Stainless steel is not used just for the exterior. The blades are made out of the finest surgical stainless steel.
They are powered by an excellent 3600 RPM induction motor that is very powerful and also very quiet. You can have a normal tone conversation while juicing.
It will not wake up anyone while operating because good sleep is also part of a healthy lifestyle.
It has patented juice extraction technology, which will provide more juice out of whole mid-sized oranges and apples that you can push through the extra-large chute.
You will find a complete juicer with all the necessary parts in the box, a cleaning brush, a blade removing tool, a recipe book, and an instruction manual.
The parts that come into contact with the food are BPA-free, and they are dishwasher safe.
The dismantling is pretty easy, although you will need a special tool to get the blades out. No worries, it is included in the package.
The standard package doesn’t come with a juice pitcher, so you will have to provide one.
- Powerful and quiet. It can juice anything while keeping the noise low enough so you can have a conversation. The two-speed settings are designed to cope with harder and softer fruits and vegetables.
- Lifetime motor warranty. That is a pretty long worry-free period.
- BPA-free. Al the plastic parts that come into contact with food don’t contain this very harmful matter.
- Easy to operate and clean. An extra-large feeding chute allows whole apples and oranges to push through, with no additional cutting time needed. The juicer is easy to assemble, and it is dishwasher safe.
- Not expensive. The price is in the middle of the category.
- The pulp container. The pulp collector is not secured to the juicer, so when you move the juicer alone, it will detach from it.
Jack Lalanne PJP Power Juicer Pro
It has been on the market since 2008, so it can be said that it is market-tested.
The dimensions are 12 x 18 x 17 inches. It looks much like JLSS, and the design is high end and attractive, with a complete stainless steel finish.
Even the feeding chute, which is usually made of plastic….
It is equipped with a proven 3600 RPM induction motor that we see in other models, and its main characteristic is the low noise level and low heat transfer to the fruits juiced.
That preserves sensitive nutrients better and longer.
Together with patented Juice Extraction Technology and a wide mesh and filter, it can provide great juice yield. The blades are made out of high-quality surgical steel, and they also contribute to the high efficiency.
You will find a complete juicer with all the necessary parts in the box, an instruction manual, a recipe book, and a cleaning brush.
Everything you need to start juicing, except the juice pitcher. You will have to buy that, or use one of your own.
- Easy to use and clean. A wide feeding chute cuts down prep time, and the plastic parts can be washed in a dishwasher.
- Can juice leafy greens. Of course, the results will not match masticating juicers.
- BPA-free. Al the plastic parts that come into contact with food are made without bisphenol-A.
- Lifetime motor warranty. The manufacturer trusts the product, and that is always good to see.
- The nozzle is low. You can’t place a high glass to collect the juice.
- High price. It is in the upper half of the category. But complete stainless steel appliances are never cheap.
Read Next –Manual Juicer Target
Jack LaLanne’s PJEW Power Juicer Express
Introduced in 2010, this centrifugal juicer has 10.2 x 13.2 x 16.2 inches, and the weight is 12 pounds.
This places it in the “goldilocks category” not too big, not too small. The design is nice, shiny plastic, with stainless steel imitation.
The motor is the same as in the JLSS model to expect a quiet operation from this 3600 RPM induction motor. It is powerful enough to juice everything.
The juice yield will probably be the same since they share the patented juice extraction technology, wide blades, and steel mesh filter.
Non-drip spout works fine. It is a piece of rubber that goes into the nozzle when you push the spout up.
The feeding chute is large so that it can accommodate whole fruits. The customers report that they are satisfied with juicing results, even with leafy greens.
You will find a complete juicer, instruction manual, a recipe book, and a cleaning brush in the standard package. The juice pitcher is omitted.
- Can juice kale and leafy greens. These vegetables present a problem for most centrifugal juicers, but this is reported to perform pretty well.
- Easy to operate and clean. A large feed chute minimizes the need for cutting the fruits, and the plastic parts are dishwasher safe.
- Warranty. The lifetime warranty covers the motor for the original owner and the rest of the appliance for 60 days. You can extend that period by buying an additional worry-free period.
- The price. It is well balanced, placing it in the lower half of the category.
- The nozzle is placed low, so tall glasses can’t be used for collecting the juice.
- Everything must be set in the proper place because otherwise, the blades may touch plastic and chip some of it off. But that is not really a problem. You will feel the parts falling into their designated slots and hear a low-intensity sound.
Jack LaLane Fusion Juicer 100th Anniversary
Introduced in 2016, this is the newest 15.5 x 12.5 x 8.5 inches and most advanced Jack LaLane Juicer.
The dimensions are, and the weight is 12 pounds. The design is modern, with a high gloss plastic finish.
It shares the 800 Watts, 3600 RPM induction motor as its forerunners so that you can expect a quiet juicing process.
Special surgical steel blades and patented Juice Extraction Technology, together with a wide feeding chute, will provide better results and more juice than the competition.
Like its predecessors, it shows nice results when juicing leafy greens, which is not common for a centrifugal juicer.
Especially important is that the leafy greens must be fresh and make snapping noises when you break them.
Otherwise, the results will not be that satisfying.
The plastic parts that come into contact with the food are BPA free and dishwasher safe. The juicer has two speeds for softer and harder fruits and vegetables and a non-drip nozzle.
You will find a juicer with all the necessary parts in the package, a juice pitcher, an instruction manual, and a recipe book.
- The newest in line. This juicer has 15 years of constant research and improvement built-in.
- Two speeds. It has two speeds of operation, designed for softer and harder fruits and vegetables.
- The design. Nice, modern, and compact.
- Easy to use and clean. A large feeding chute cuts down the prep time, no cutting into small pieces needed. You can wash the plastic parts in the dishwasher.
- Can juice leafy greens. Not as a dedicated masticating juicer, but the results are acceptable.
- Pitcher included. This is the only one of the juicers that come with pitchers included.
- The price. It is positioned in the lower half of the category.
- The locking bar. If moving it with wet hands, it can sometimes slip past the locking notch, so some additional work may be needed to set it free.
Things You Should Know Before You Buy Jack Lalanne Power Juicer
You should avoid using overripe fruits and vegetables.
They are the most common reason that the juice yield is not satisfactory, and too much waste goes to the pulp bin.
They tend to clog and stick to the mesh filter, thus preventing the juice from going through the nozzle.
Furthermore, they may build upon one place on the filter and disrupt its balance, causing the juicer to vibrate and produce noise higher than usual.
As mentioned before, always use fresh leafy greens.
The best way to check them is by breaking them. If they make a snapping noise, they are right for juicing.
Before starting to juice, allow the juicer to run empty for a couple of seconds so that the device can auto-balance the blades and the mesh.
The juice should be consumed within a couple of hours if kept in the fridge, up to 20 hours.
It is best to clean the juicer right after use. In most cases, a rinse is enough.
The longer you wait, the food leftovers dry up and stick to the juicer parts, and you may need to scrub.
If your dishwasher operates at temperatures above standard, using it for juicer plastic parts may not be recommended.
They may lose form at high temperatures.
Joerid Juicer, [2020 Upgrade] Centrifugal Juicer Machine, Juice Extractor with Spout Adjustable, Lighter & Powerful, Easy to Clean & BPA-Free, Dishwasher Safe, Included Brush [Black]
$50.99 in stock
Juicer, Bagotte Upgrade 1000W Juicer Machines, Easy Clean Juice Extractor 3.3" Wide Mouth Centrifugal Juicer for Whole Fruit Vegetable, Juicer Recipe Book & Brush, Anti-drip, Dual-Speed, BPA-Free, Large
5 used from $61.89
Juicer Centrifugal Juicer Machine Wide 3” Feed Chute Juice Extractor Easy to Clean, Fruit Juicer with Pulse Function and Multi Speed control, Anti-drip , Stainless Steel BPA-Free
$39.99 in stock