We will take a closer look at the Breville BJE430SIL The Juice Fountain Cold Review, an 850 Watts centrifugal juicer.
Launched in 2015, it soon found its way to the top of the sales charts.
It belongs to the long line of household appliances manufactured by Breville. An Australian company founded way back in 1937.
Features Breville BJE430SIL The Juice Fountain Cold
Breville BJE430SIL, the Juice Fountain Cold, comes from a good family. It promises great performance and features an innovative Cold Spin Technology.
All this sounds great, but let’s determine if this appliance can live up to the expectations.
To Whom it is Indeed?
Breville BJE430SIL is intended for home use, and basically, anyone who wants a homemade juice in a matter of minutes, who is cautious about what they eat and drink and want best for them and their family.
This juicer is easy to use, quick and safe. No prior knowledge is necessary. You need to invest some of your time to prepare the fruits and vegetables.
But it will probably be shorter than a run to the store to buy some juice.
What’s Included in Package?
In the package, you will find the juicer with all the parts necessary, 70 fl. Oz juice jug with a lid, an instruction manual with recipes, food ingredients tables, and preparation instructions.
Breville BJE430SIL Review: Overview of features
This is not a small appliance, but it is no larger than the rest of this type’s juicers.
The dimensions are 14.5 x 10.5 x 17.6 inches, and the weight is 11 pounds.
The design is nice. Stainless steel is the main theme of the juicer body, while the pulp bin and juice jug are made of plastic.
The juicer has 2 Speed settings.
The high speed for denser fruits and harder vegetables at 13000rpm, and low speed for leafy vegetables and soft fruit at 6500 pm.
The steel mesh microfilter is made in Italy from special materials, and that is the key feature that Cold Spin Technology is based on.
You will like:
- Cold Spin Technology. This is a patented technology which, through special design and materials of the cutting disc, transfers the only 1,8F of heat to the food that is being cut. This protects enzymes and nutrients that are heat sensitive, and the result will be juice with all the good stuff preserved. It will also prolong juice’s shelf life in the fridge.
- Easy to use and clean. The feed chute is 3 inches wide, so you will be able to juice whole apples and mid-sized oranges. It will definitely shorten the prep time. The Seal and Store Juice Jug will keep the juice fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days. It is easy to clean after use because the juicer cover, stainless steel filter bowl, purée disc, and juice jug are all dishwasher safe. The pulp bin, however, is not. Please, keep in mind that the food leftovers are much easier to wash away while they are fresh, so it is recommended that you rinse the parts immediately after juicing and use the included brush on the mesh filter.
- Custom Designed Juice Nozzle. The nozzle is very well designed. It enables great precision and helps avoid spilling. After you are done juicing, you will turn it upwards, and there will be no dripping from the leftover juice in the nozzle. It may not seem like a big deal, but a more experienced juicer owner will understand what we are talking about.
- Build quality. The overall impression is that it’s a high-quality product. All the parts fit perfectly. The pulp bin is what the users mention the most. It fits “like a glove” and prevents pieces of food from flying around the kitchen.
- Not noisy. It is slightly quieter than the competition. You won’t wake up anyone if you are juicing early in the morning. (Unless you have the juicer right next to their head)
You may not like
- Limited performance for leafy greens. Like any high-speed centrifugal juicer, this one also will not squeeze much juice from them. For that purpose, you may consider masticating slow speed juicer. Keep in mind, they are much slower and require the food to be cut down into small pieces.
- Too many parts. Users sometimes complain about the complexity of modern juicers and a large number of parts. This juicer is not spared from such complaints. But that is just the way the modern juicers are made. There is no way to avoid that.
- Slightly less juice. Some users claim that this juicer will produce less juice per same weight of fruit than the older models. There may be some truth to that, but it is the price to pay for the Cold Spin Technology. To produce less heat, the shredding disc must be gentler to the fruits and vegetables.
You have to give credit to the Breville BJE430SIL. It managed to stay amongst bestsellers facing some severe competition.
Here are a few of them:
Breville BJE430SIL vs. Mueller Juicer Ultra 1100W
This juicer has more power than Breville BJE430SIL, 1100Watts, compared to 850 Watts.
It has the same 3 inches wide feed chute and two-speed settings.
With Mueller, they are 15 000 to 18000, compared to 6 500 and 13 000. Higher speeds mean higher temperatures, which can destroy some nutrients.
The main advantage of the Mueller Juicer is the lower price.
Breville BJE430SIL vs. Kenwood JE850 Excel Juicer
It is similar powered, 850 Watts compared to 800, and the price is about the same.
The Kenwood Juicer’smain feature is Apex technology. It offers cleaner juicing with advanced pulp extraction.
Patented anti-drip technology ensures the juice is collected in a 1.5l Container with a foam separator. The feed chute is also 3 inches wide.
With the features so alike and the price almost the same, it is a matter of preference.
Breville BJE430SIL vs. Nutri-Stahl Juicer Machine – 700W
This juicer has a slightly lower price and power. It has high-efficiency steel microblade but a smaller feeding chute, around 2,7 inches. The speed settings are the same, two in both cases.
However, it lacks the stainless steel finish Breville BJE430SIL has, so the overall impression matches the price.
Read Next – Breville Juice Fountain Cold vs. Cold Plus
Breville Juice Fountain Cold blogger review
Read Next – Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain plus Extractor
Breville BJE430SIL The Juice Fountain Cold
4 used from $151.11
- Cold Spin Technology allows juice to flow up and through the stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by an Italian Made mesh filter to ensure an insignificant temperature increase
- Extra Wide Whole Feed Chute measuring 3 inch to juice Whole fruits and vegetables
- Safety Locking Arm stops operation when cover is not locked correctly into place
- Jug capacity featuring a 70 ounce seal and store Juice Jug; Stainless steel micro mesh filter basket
- 2 Speed electronic Control; High speed for denser fruits and harder vegetables at 1300 rpm, and low speed for leafy vegetables and Soft fruit at 6500 rpm
Breville BJE530BSS1BUS1 the Juice Fountain Cold Plus Countertop Centrifugal Juicer, 70 fl oz
3 used from $217.30
- Cold spin technology cold spin technology allows juice to flow up and through the stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by an Italian-made mesh filter to ensure an insignificant temperature increase.
- Space saving design with the pulp Bin located behind the product base, The juice Fountain cold plus features a new and unique space saving design for a better use of your countertop space.
- Shortened prep time The unique 3. 5 extra wide chute Feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting. Less prep for larger produce.
- Xl juicing capacity juice and seal in a high capacity 70 fl. Oz. Jug for the whole family or store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Custom designed juice nozzle perfect for mess-free juicing straight into a glass. Simply invert the nozzle when finished to avoid juice drips.
Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt Juice Extractor
3 used from $137.95
- Extra wide 3 inch feeder chute can create 8 ounce cup of juice in just 5 seconds; Stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by Italian made micro mesh filter to extract upto 30 percent more juice and 40 percent more vitamins and minerals than other juicers
- 850 watt dual speed motor; Powerful stainless steel cutting disc for fast results; Overload protection LED: To prevent against unsafe operation
- Safety locking arm; Overload protection LED; large capacity pulp collector. Pulp container capacity 2.6 pulp container. Voltage 110 to 120 Volts; Power 800 Watts
- Dishwasher safe parts; Includes 1 liter juice jug with froth separator, filter basket, and cleaning brush
- Measures approximately 13 1/5 by 16 1/2 by 18 1/5 inches; 1 year limited Warranty; An Interlocking safety arm stops juicer operating without cover locked into place.
Breville Juice Fountain Cold XL BJE830SIL Electric Juicer, Silver Pearl
- COLD SPIN TECHNOLOGY: Cold Spin Technology allows juice to flow up and through the stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by an Italian-made mesh filter to ensure an insignificant temperature increase.
- Shortend Prep Time ; The newly designed 3.5 inch extra large wide chute feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting
- NOISE REDUCTION TECHNOLOGY: Juicing on quiet setting reduces mechanical noise by 40%
- FAST SETTING: Extract up to 70 fl.oz. of delicious, nutrient rich juice up to 5x faster than a 'cold press'.
- XL JUICING CAPACITY: Juice and seal in a XL 70 fl. Ounce. jug for the whole family or store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite 1000-Watt Juice Extractor
7 used from $225.50
- 1000 watt juicer with 2 speed controls, high (13,000 RPM) and low (6,500 RPM); Extraction system: Ultra sharp titanium reinforced cutting disc surrounded by Italian made micro mesh filter to extract up to 30 percent more juice and 40 percent more vitamins and minerals
- Die cast steel housing; Stainless steel micromesh filter; Titanium plated cutting disk.Do not soak the nutri disc in bleach
- Circular 3 inch feed tube accommodates whole fruits and vegetables; Voltage is 110 to 120 Volts and over 40,000 filtering pores
- 1.1 quarts Juice Jug capacity, 3.2 quarts Pulp container capacity book, dishwasher safe parts
- Locking arm bolts move upto 1/4 in all directions to ensure a snug fit in the locking arm; Note do not operate juicer more than a minute at a time when using at rapid rate or with firm pressure; Allow the motor to rest for one minute between each use
Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain 700-Watt Juice Extractor
3 used from $64.05
- Heavy duty compact juice fountain with centered knife blade assembly
- 700 watt motor operates at 14,000 RPM for maximum extraction ; Safety Locking Arm: Juicer will not operate without juicer cover in place and safely locking arm in place in the vertical operating position; Pulp Container Capacity: 1.6 quart Pulp Container
- Extra large 3 inch centered feed tube; Heavy Grade Polymer Body, Stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by Italian made micro mesh filter to extract upto 30 percent more juice and 40 percent more vitamins
- Dishwasher safe parts; custom cleaning brush included; Voltage:110 120 Volts; Power: 700 Watts
- Measures 10 1/2 by 10 by 16 inches; 1 Year limited Warranty; Collects pulp within the footprint of the unit to conserve counter space
Breville BJE830BSS1BUS1 Juice Founatin Cold XL, Brushed Stainless Steel Centrifugal Juicer
2 used from $284.92
- Cold spin technology: Cold Spin Technology allows juice to flow up and through the stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by an Italian-made mesh filter to ensure an insignificant temperature increase.
- Shortened prep time: The newly designed 3.5 inch extra large wide chute feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting.
- Noise reduction technology: Juicing on quiet setting reduces mechanical noise by 40%
- Fast setting: Extract up to 70 fl.oz. of delicious, nutrient rich juice up to 5x faster than a 'cold press'.
- XL Juicing capacity: Juice and seal in a XL 70 fl. oz. jug for the whole family or store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.Power:1200 Watts ; Voltage : 110-120 Volts.
Breville the Juice Fountain SL Cold Plus 70oz Cold Spin Electric Juicer w/ 3.5” Extra Wide Chute - BJE530BSS1BUS1
Breville Pulp Container for the Juice Fountain Cold, BJE430SIL.
Breville BJS700SIL Big Squeeze Slow Juicer, Silver
2 used from $295.69
- Large 3-inch (81mm) Feed Chute.
- Ultra-Quiet 240 Watt Motor
- Powerful low speed extraction method with minimal heat transfer makes this machine ultra-quiet while operating.
- Smart Cap: Create various mixed juices, Stops dripping, Create various mixed juices
- Conveniently easy for self-rinse; Stainless Steel Mesh Filter
Breville 800CPXL Citrus Press Pro, Motorized Die Cast Stainless Steel
- Powerful citrus press housed in professional-grade brushed stainless steel
- Industrial strength, whisper-quiet motor; revolutionary active-arm system
- 1-size-fits-all juicing cone provides maximum juice extraction; drip-stop juice spout
- 1 coarse stainless steel filter; cord storage; dishwasher-safe parts
- Measures 11" x 9" x 18"; 1-year warranty
Breville BCP600SIL Citrus Press Motorized Juicer, Silver
1 used from $123.45
- Effortless, one handed juice press arm operation for maximum juice, minimum effort
- No Drip juice spout - just flip up the spout after juicing to prevent drips
- All parts that come into contact with food is BPA Free. Power - 110 Watts. Voltage - 110-120 Volts
- Dishwasher safe - juicing cone, juice collector, juice filter, and fruit dome
- Safety locking system and wrap around cord.Heavy Grade Polymer Body
Breville Heavy-Grade Polymer Juice Fountain Plus with Pulp Container Bags
- Heavy-grade polymer construction with stainless steel cutting disk
- Includes a pulp container, juice jug with froth separator, cleaning tool, and pulp container bags
- 2 speeds
- 3 inch feed tube
- 850 watts
Breville Juice Fountain Plus 850-Watt 1.1Qt Dual Speed Electric Juicer - JE98XL