We are going to take a closer look at the Breville BJE430SIL The Juice Fountain Cold Review, an 850 Watts centrifugal juicer. Launched in 2015, it soon found its way to the top of the sales charts. It belongs to the long line of household appliances manufactured by Breville, an Australian company founded way back in 1937.
Breville BJE430SIL the Juice Fountain Cold comes from a good family, it promises great performance and features an innovative Cold Spin Technology. All this sounds great, but let’s find out if this appliance can live up to the expectations.
To Whom it is Indeed?
Breville BJE430SIL is intended for home use, and basically, anyone who wants a homemade juice in a matter of minutes, who is cautious about what they eat and drink and want best for them and their family. This juicer is easy to use, quick and safe. No prior knowledge is necessary, you just need to invest some of your time to prepare the fruits and vegetables. But it will probably be shorter than a run to the store to buy some juice.
- Cuisinart CJE-1000 Die-Cast Juice Extractor Review
- Tribest Slowstar Vertical Slow Juicer SW-2000 Review
What’s Included in Package?
In the package you will find the juicer with all the parts necessary, 70 fl. Oz juice jug with a lid, an instruction manual that also has some recipes, food ingredients tables and preparation instructions.
Breville BJE430SIL Review: Overview of features
This is not a small appliance, but it is no larger than the rest of the juicers of this type. The dimensions are 14.5 x 10.5 x 17.6 inches, and the weight is 11 pounds. The design is nice, stainless steel is the main theme of the juicer body, while the pulp bin and juice jug are made of plastic. The juicer has 2 Speed settings. The high speed for denser fruits and harder vegetables at 13000rpm, and low speed for leafy vegetables and soft fruit at 6500 rpm. The steel mesh microfilter is made in Italy from special materials and that is the key feature that Cold Spin Technology is based on.
You will like:
- Cold Spin Technology. This is a patented technology which, through special design and materials of the cutting disc, transfers the only 1,8F of heat to the food that is being cut. This protects enzymes and nutrients that are heat sensitive, and the result will be juice with all the good stuff preserved. It will also prolong juice’s shelf life in the fridge.
- Easy to use and clean. The feed chute is 3 inches wide, so you will be able to juice whole apples and mid-sized oranges. It will definitely shorten the prep time. The Seal and Store Juice Jug will keep the juice fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days. It is easy to clean after use because the juicer cover, stainless steel filter bowl, purée disc, and juice jug are all dishwasher safe. The pulp bin, however, is not. Please, keep in mind that the food leftovers are much easier to wash away while they are fresh, so it is recommended that you rinse the parts immediately after juicing, and use included brush on the mesh filter.
- Custom Designed Juice Nozzle. The nozzle is very well designed. It enables great precision and helps avoid spilling. After you are done juicing, you will just turn it upwards, and there will be no dripping from the leftover juice in the nozzle. It may not seem like a big deal, but more experienced juicer owner will understand what we are talking about.
- Build quality. The overall impression is that it’s a high-quality product.All the parts fit in perfectly. The pulp bin is what the users mention the most. It fits “like a glove” and prevents pieces of food flying around the kitchen.
- Not noisy. It is slightly quieter than the competition. You won’t wake up anyone if you are juicing early in the morning. (Unless you have the juicer right next to their head)
You may not like
- Limited performance for leafy greens. Like any high-speed centrifugal juicer, this one also will not squeeze much juice from them. For that purpose, you may consider masticating slow speed juicer. Keep in mind, they are much slower and require the food to be cut down into small pieces.
- Too many parts. Users sometimes complain about the complexity of modern juicers, and the large number of parts. This juicer is not spared from such complaints. But that is just the way the modern juicers are made. There is no way to avoid that.
- Slightly less juice. Some users claim that this juicer will produce less juice per same weight of fruit, compared to the older models. There may be some truth to that, but it is the price to pay for the Cold Spin Technology. In order to produce less heat, the shredding disc must be gentler to the fruits and vegetables.
You have to give credit to the Breville BJE430SIL. It managed to stay amongst bestsellers facing some severe competition. Here are a few of them:
Breville BJE430SIL vs Mueller Juicer Ultra 1100W
This juicer has more power than Breville BJE430SIL, 1100Watts, compared to 850 Watts. It has the same 3 inches wide feed chute, and two-speed settings. But, with Mueller, they are 15 000 to 18000, compared to 6 500 and 13 000. Higher speeds mean higher temperatures, which can destroy some nutrients. The main advantage of the Mueller Juicer is the lower price.
Breville BJE430SIL vs Kenwood JE850 Excel Juicer
It is similar powered, 850 Watts compared to 800, and the price is about the same. The Kenwood Juicer’smain feature is Apex technology. It offers cleaner juicing with advanced pulp extraction. Patented anti-drip technology ensures the juice is collected in 1.5l Container with foam separator. The feed chute is also 3 inches wide. With the features so alike and the price almost the same, it is a matter of preference.
Breville BJE430SIL vs Nutri-Stahl Juicer Machine – 700W
This juicer has a slightly lower price and power. It has high-efficiency steel microblade, but smaller feeding chute, around 2,7 inches. The speed settings are the same, two in both cases. However, it lacks the stainless steel finish that Breville BJE430SIL has, so the overall impression matches the price.