In this article, we will review Cuisinart CJE-1000 Die-Cast Juice Extractor. This 1000 Watts centrifugal juicer is developed and built by Cuisinart.
Founded in 1971, this US-based company has become a synonym for kitchen appliances.
Features Cuisinart CJE-1000 Die-Cast Juice Extractor
The Cuisinart CJE-1000 Die-Cast Juice Extractor is another in the line of their affordable home-products.
Almost 50 years of experience and constant improvement should be enough to yield an outstanding product. So let us see more about this juicer.
The Cuisinart CJE-1000 first appeared in 2009, and it is still one of the best-sellers on the market, so that should be enough to prove its quality. In this article, we will examine what you can really expect from this pedigree appliance.
To Whom It Is Indeed
If you are fed up with industry juices with a high sugar level and don’t really trust the 100% juice markings on the containers, and you don’t mind spending some time cutting the fruits and juicing them, this appliance is for you.
This product is intended for home use, not commercial, and will handle the amounts of fruits normally needed for a household without a problem.
What’s included in the package?
The standard package includes, besides the juicer and all the parts necessary, a 2-liter pulp container, a 1-quart juice pitcher, a cleaning brush, an instruction manual, and a booklet with a lot of recipes. And that is everything you will need, no additional purchases are necessary.
- Breville BJE430SIL The Juice Fountain Cold Review
- Tribest Slowstar Vertical Slow Juicer SW-2000 Review
Cuisinart CJE-1000 Overview of Features
This juicer is not really small, the dimensions are 15.35 x 11.8 x 19.01 inches, and the weight is 9 pounds, so that it will take up some space in your kitchen. You would probably not mind, because the design is excellent.
Die-cast and stainless steel housing and a control dial with blue LED light rings to add a note of elegance. The appearance, however, is not the only thing that Cuisinart CJE-1000 has going for it.
The 1000 Watts of power, 5-speed setting, along a large 3-inch feeding chute, are quite sufficient to extract juice even from the most stubborn fruits and vegetables.
You will like:
- The juicer performance. As long as the intended fruits and vegetables are used, the juicer will perform great.
- The 5-speed settings will enable you to juice the fruit fast, and it will separate the pulp effectively, thanks to the foam-reducing filter basket.
- Ease of use. Thanks to the large 3-inch feeding chute, you can juice whole apples and oranges, no need to cut the fruit into tiny pieces.
- Anti-drip adjustable flow spout and easy unlock and lift system will prevent spills and unnecessary mess, and the clean-up will be easy, thanks to the dishwasher-safe parts.
- BPA Free. All the juicer parts that come into contact with the food are made without the harmful bisphenol, which many medical studies connect to some serious health hazards and illnesses.
- Not noisy. Most users agree that this is a relatively quiet product compared to competitors. At the highest speeds, the noise can be compared to a blow dryer at low speed. Naturally, it is even quieter at lowers speeds.
- Warranty. The manufacturer has provided a limited 3-year warranty, which can be extended to up to 5 years so that you will have a long worry-free period.
Read next: Oster JusSimple Juicer Review
You may not like:
- Plastic hinges. Some users find that plastic hinges that secure the top of the juicer look weak and easy to break if not careful.
- Too many parts. The number of parts is more than they would want to, but it is no different from the competition. This complaint is not really about this specific juicer, but the whole category.
No need to say the competition in this field is fierce.
Healthy food preparation appliances are gaining popularity each day, so more and more manufacturers are going into the market.
The competition may present a problem for them, but an enormous number of products to choose from only benefit them.
Some of the direct competition to the Cuisinart CJE-1000 are:
BLACK+DECKER JE2200B 400-Watt Fruit vs. Cuisinart CJE-1000 Die-Cast Juice Extractor
This appliance is somewhat smaller than the Cuisinart CJE-1000. Along with lower prices and brand names, this is the only advantage it has over it.
It doesn’t have a stainless steel finish. The engine is weaker by far, 400 Watts compared to 1000 Watts in our tested model.
It only has one operation speed to continue the list, and the feeding chute is not really wide. The juice pitcher is too high compared to the provided juice cup’s height, so spilling when the juice starts flowing is almost guaranteed.
The warranty time is shorter, 2 years, compared to 3 years for the Cuisinart CJE-1000, and the materials used are not BPA free.
Aicok Juice Extractor vs. Cuisinart CJE-1000 Die-Cast Juice Extractor
Not really a brand name, but the price and almost similar power make it a strong competitor to our tested model.
The size is similar, so is the weight. The finish is part stainless steel, and in our opinion, cannot really compare to the Cuisinart CJE-1000. The engine is slightly weaker, and it has only two-speed settings.
What is identical is the size of the feeding chute, 3 inches, and the fact that this juicer also has a BPA certificate for all the materials that come in contact with the food.
It also has a 3 year warranty period, and the advantage is the lower price.
Weston 67902 Super Chute Juice Extractor Vs. Cuisinart CJE-1000 Die-Cast Juice Extractor
This juicer has a big feeding chute. The manufacturer claims that it is the biggest in the market.
The 3 5 inches wide chute will practically eliminate the need for pre-cutting since they can let through even mid-sized apples and oranges.
All the parts that come in contact with the food are BPA free. It has a more powerful engine, 1100 Watts compared to 1000 Watts in Cuisinart CJE-1000, but it only has two-speed settings.
The disadvantage is that it is pricier and although it has a stainless steel finish, it is not so nice looking. What it has going for it is the warranty period of 5 years.