Today we are going to take a closer look at Oster Jussimple 5-Speed Easy Juice Extractor. This category is the most crowded, so the manufacturers have to develop features to distinguish them from the competition.
This particular juicer doesn’t have any special feature; it is a straightforward, simple juicer that does its job well.
Features Oster JusSimple Juice Extractor
It is made by Sunbeam, a company that was started in 1901. Is a well-known brand name and a reliable performance, without any marketing fancy features, enough?
Well, the Oster JusSimple Easy Clean Juice Extractor is on the market since 2015, and it managed to stay amongst best sellers.
Is it justified? Stay with us, and we will find out.
To Whom it is Indeed?
This is a home-use juicer, and as such, it is made to be simple to use.
No prior knowledge is necessary. It is pretty simple to use.
It is made for people that want to eat and drink healthy, but don’t really trust commercial brands, and don’t mind doing a little work themselves.
And people that are always in a rush will also benefit from this juicer because there is no cutting into small pieces needed.
Read next: Cuisinart CJE-1000 Die-Cast Juice Extractor Review
What’s Included in Package?
You will find a juicer with all the necessary parts in the package, a dry pulp bin, a juice pitcher, and an instruction manual with some recipes with several ingredients, not all of which the average kitchen may have.
Oster Jussimple Review: Overview of features
This juicer is averagely sized for the category, the dimensions are 13.5 x 8 x 16.2 inches, and the weight is almost 9 pounds.
So it will take up some space in your kitchen, but no more than the competitors.
The design is nice, nothing vanguard, with stainless steel finish as the main theme for the body. The rest of the juicer’s many parts are made of plastic.
The overall impression is that the build quality is good.
You will like
- Easy to use and clean. Extra-wide chute allows whole fruits to be juiced, so no need for cutting down to small pieces. Rinse and active filter requires no scrubbing, so that too will be a time saver. The removable parts are dishwasher safe—the 32 oz. A juice pitcher with a froth separator and a large pulp bin are also nice features that save your time. You don’t have to empty them in the middle of juicing.
- Powerful motor. The 1000 Watts motor can cope with pretty much everything you throw at it, except maybe stones. It has 5-speed settings, so there are enough options for all kinds of fruits and vegetables. The users report solid performance when it comes to juicing leafy greens, which is a weak point for any centrifugal juicer.
- No-drip nozzle. After you are finished juicing, turn the nozzle tip upwards. This will prevent a dripping and unnecessary mess in the kitchen.
You may not like
- Pulpy juice. The juicer tends to make smoothies out of some fruits and vegetables—carrots in particular. Many users complain that the carrot juice is too pulpy and can be compared to a smoothie. But this can be considered subjective because a lot of people like juices that way.
- Lukewarm juice. The juice can sometimes come out a little bit warmer than expected. So it is advisable to use frozen fruits and vegetables and consult the tables on speeds for certain types of fruits and vegetables.
- It cannot be clear. At high-speed settings, it is a little louder than some of the quieter competitors.
As we said, this is a mid-range juicer, and as with all the products, the mid-range category is always with the toughest competition.
Some of the main competitors are:
Oster Jussimple Vs. BELLA (13694) High Power Juice Extractor
This juicer is equal to Oster, just simple in power, 1000 Watts each. It also has a stainless steel finish and a wide feeding chute.
The downsides are that it has just two-speed settings, and the users are complaining that the waste bin is too small. The main advantage of Bella Juicer is a much lower price.
Oster Jussimple vs. Hamilton Beach 67650A Pro Juicer Machine
This juicer has slightly less power than Oster, just simple; it roughly the same size. Similarities extend to a wide feeding chute and a large pulp bin.
This juicer’s main advantage is the lower price and the fact that all the parts that come into contact with food are BPA free.
Oster Jussimple vs. Household 600W Juicer
The difference in power is quite large. 600 Watts compared to 1000 Watts that Oster provides. So, the juicing results will not be the same.
Amongst other downsides are also: just two-speed settings and the smaller feeding chute, 2.57 inches, compared to 3 inches that Oster jussimple juicer has. It does, however, have a large waste bin and stainless steel design.
The main advantage is the price, much lower than our tested model, and the BPA free parts that contact the food.
Oster Jussimple 5 Speed Easy Clean Juice Extractor Review
Read Next – Old Fashioned Hand Juicer
Oster JusSimple 5 Speed Easy Clean Juice Extractor with Extra-Wide Feed Chute, FPSTJE9020-000, 1000W, Black/Silver
1 used from $109.87
Easehold Juicer Machines Extractor 600W Centrifugal Juicers Electric Anti-Drip Dual Speed BPA-Free with Juice Jug and Pulp Container for Fruit Vegetable
$42.49 in stock
Omega J8006HDS Nutrition Center Quiet Dual-Stage Slow Speed Masticating Juicer Makes Fruit and Vegetable 80 Revolutions per Minute High Juice, 200-Watt, Silver
$286.20 in stock
4 used from $204.75
Oster JusSimple 2-Speed Easy Clean Juice Extractor with Extra-Wide Feed Chute, FPSTJE9010-000, 900W, Black/Silver
$99.99 in stock
Oster Self-Cleaning Professional Juice Extractor, Stainless Steel Juicer, Auto-Clean Technology, XL Capacity
$99.99 in stock
5 used from $88.31
Mueller Austria Juicer Ultra 1100W Power, Easy Clean Extractor Press Centrifugal Juicing Machine, Wide 3" Feed Chute for Whole Fruit Vegetable, Anti-drip, Large, Silver
3 used from $49.95
Juicer Machines, Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer Extractor Easy to Clean, Quiet Motor & Reverse Function, BPA-Free, Cold Press Juicer with Brush, Juice Recipes for Vegetables and Fruits
$159.99 in stock
11 used from $66.95
Stainless Steel Electric Juice Press-Citrus Juicer or Squeezer Masticating Machine w/ 160W Power, Handle & Cone for Orange, Lime, Pomegranate and Grapefruit and Lemon Fruit-NutriChef PKJCR305
2 used from $29.95
Juicer Wide Mouth Juice Extractor, Aicook Juicer Machines BPA Free Compact Fruits & Vegetables Juicer, Dual Speed Centrifugal Juicer with Non-drip Function, Stainless Steel Juicers Easy to Clean
10 used from $32.00
Bagotte Large Juicer Machines, 1000W, 85mm Wide Mouth Centrifugal Juicers Easy Clean Juice Extractor for Whole Fruit Vegetable, Juicer Recipe Book & Brush, Anti-drip, Dual-Speed, BPA-Free
$79.67 in stock
6 used from $58.52
Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite Centrifugal Juicer, Brushed Stainless Steel
3 used from $228.08
Oster BLSTPB-WBL My Blend 250-Watt Blender with Travel Sport Bottle, Light Powder Blue
$19.99 in stock
10 used from $14.99
BELLA High Power Juice Extractor, 2 Speed Motor, Juicer, Large 3" Feed for Larger Fruits and Veggies, Dishwasher Safe Filter & Pulp Container for Easy Cleaning, Stainless Steel
1 used from $69.99
Oster Pro 1200 Blender with Professional Tritan Jar and Food Processor attachment, Metallic Grey
$92.71 in stock
1 used from $79.87