GSE-5000 Green Star Elite is a high-end masticating juicer from the Tribest Corporation, based in California.
The company specializes in healthy food preparation appliances and has a long tradition of developing and marketing high-end and high-quality products.
In this article, we will take a closer look at this great juicer. So, stay tuned!
Tribest Green Star Elite Review
Who is Tribest GSE-5000 Green Star Elite for?
Tribest GSE-5000 Green Star Elite Cold Press Complete Masticating Juicer is a slow speed masticating juicer designed to extract juice while preserving all the vitamins and minerals, etc. because it works n low speeds and produces no heat that could damage the valuable and sensitive nutrients.
This product is marketed as both home-use and commercial use, with the difference that if it is used for home, the warranty period is 15 years, while for commercial use, the company offers three years warranty.
Despite the fact it is graded as a commercial-use device, it is easy to use, so no previous experience is needed.
The Green Star Elite GSE-5000 Jumbo Twin Gear Juicer is a top of the line, heavy-duty juice extractor that will last for more than a decade.
It’s extremely efficient at extracting juice from the most challenging type of produce like leafy greens, wheatgrass, and even mature coconut meat.
Besides the juicer, in the box, you will find four different screens.
It includes the fine screen to extract juice with minimal pulp; the coarse screen to extract juice with more pulp mixed in; the homogenizing blank for basic food processing; the breadstick (mochi) set for making raw breadsticks and rice cakes.
The box also includes a glass juice pitcher, wooden plunger, plastic plunger, and cleaning brush.
If you want to make pasta, you can purchase the pasta maker set separately, and if you want a more efficient way of squeezing soft fruit, you will have to buy the outlet adjusting knob.
Overview of Features
As we said, this is a high-end product, so it is only natural that it comes with a lot of excellent functions and features.
You will love
- Excellent performance. The low quantity of dehydrated pulp is proof enough. The powerful 200Watt motor can squeeze juice from anything you can imagine.
- Stainless –Steel Bio-Ceramic Magnetic Twin Gears. The Two gears system is the most efficient way of squeezing juice, and these two gears are not only two pieces of metal. They are high-tech wonders. They are made with the bioceramic material inside. It utilizes the turning gears’ kinetic energy to emit far-infrared – the wavelength at which water and all organic material naturally oscillate. This process stabilizes the effect by delaying oxidation and allows a longer shelf life, up to 72 hours in the fridge.
- The magnets create a concentrated magnetic field that reorganizes water clusters so that they can latch on to more of the nutrients and extract them into your juice. And that is not all. The Green Star Elite’s stainless steel twin gears have distinct points to duplicate the human mastication system. The teeth of the twin gears were designed with pocket recesses to aid in processing hard vegetables. This reduces the amount of tension exerted by the motor when dealing with harder produce. Special cutting points on the gears are there to handle lean vegetables like celery without getting tangles or clogged.
- Pressure Adjustment Mechanism. You can easily adjust the pressure exerted on the produce while the juicer is operating. There is no need to stop it—that pressure. Different types of fruits and vegetables require different pressure within the juicing chamber to be most efficiently processed.
- It is quiet. Even when dealing with the hardest vegetables, it is decibel count is lower than a quiet conversation.
- 15-Year warranty. – This is probably the longest warranty period any home appliance has been given. Besides giving you a really long worry-free period, it also assures you of the appliance’s quality.
You may not like
- It is large. This thing is big. And heavy. 18.6 x 6.8 x 12.4 inches and 24 pounds, so it is not easy to move around and store. So you will probably need a dedicated place in the kitchen or help moving it into the kitchen to be used.
- It is not cheap. This is a high-end product from a company specializing in healthy food appliances and offers 15 years of warranty, so it is expected.
- It can be physically demanding to use. Some produce needs to be pushed down the chute with some force. The fruits and vegetables need to be cut into thin slices, about one inch thick.
Absolutely all of these drawbacks can be said for any of the closest rivals.
The masticating juicers are heavy, slow, and expensive and require force to push the fruits and vegetables through a narrow chute.
But, in return, you get a cold-pressed juice and not heats damaged by high-speed juicers.
Green Star Juicer vs. Other Juicers in The Same Category
Even at the high end of the table, the competition is fierce.
Some of the closest competitors of the Tribest GSE-5000 are:
Tribest Green Star Elite vs. Omega VSJ843QS Vertical Slow Masticating Juicer
Smaller and lighter than the Tribest GSE-5000, and the vertical layout requires less room to store.
It also has a 15-year warranty but has only one auger and lacks the high-tech bio-ceramic magnetic features. It also comes from a reputable manufacturer, and the price is 10% lower.
Tribest Green Star Elite vs. Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer C7000S
This is a vertical juicer. It requires less space to store than the Tribest GSE-5000.
The motor has similar power, but it has only one non-high-tech auger, and the warranty is (only) 10 years, compared to 15 years for the Tribest.
It is slightly cheaper and has a wider feeding chute.
Read Next – Green Star Juicer Costco
Tribest Green Star Elite vs. Champion Professional 5000 Dual Auger Masticating Juicer
It has a horizontal layout, so it is as big and heavy as the Tribest GSE-5000.
The dual augers on this machine are not high-tech, so you will not benefit from magnetic bio-ceramics.
The price is similar. However, it falls far behind the competition by offering just 4 years warranty.
Read Next – Omega Green Star Elite Juicer Review
Tribest GSE-5000 Greenstar Elite Cold Press Complete Masticating Juicer, Juice Extractor with Jumbo Twin Gears, White
$549.95 in stock
3 used from $457.41
Tribest GS-P502 Greenstar Pro Commercial Cold Press Complete Masticating Juicer, Juice Extractor with Jumbo Twin Gears, Gray
$792.43 in stock
2 used from $550.00